Fall is just around the corner – which means it’s time for pumpkin EVERYTHING! Last year, I showed you how to make your very own pumpkin spice latté, and some homemade pumpkin alfredo pasta. This year, pumpkin season kicks off with a super easy weeknight meal that requires very little prep and comes together in less than 15 minutes. Happy *almost* autumn!
Pasta with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup milk or cream, for a richer sauce
- 1 brick cream cheese 250g cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- pinch salt black pepper, and clove, to taste
- Prepare your favourite pasta according to directions. (I used a herb-speckled pasta, but you can use anything you desire!) Drain, reserving some of the water for the sauce.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add milk. Add cheese, a little at a time, until melted.
- Add pumpkin. Mix together until homogenous.
- Continue stirring for about one minute, until mixture comes together and is hot.
- If mixture is too thick, add a few tbsp of cooking water until desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt, pepper and clove. Toss with pasta. Serve warm.