This time-saving recipe is genius for a few reasons. First, it enlists the help of the microwave to pre-cook the sweet potato before roasting. This saves over 20 minutes of roasting time, allowing you to start prepping right after work and have dinner on the table before sunset. The second major time saver is quinoa! This powerhouse ingredient is conveniently quick-cooking and requires no special equipment.
Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Bowl
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1 small onion diced
Quick Okonomiyaki Style Sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. korean chili paste gochujang
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 cup cubed silken tofu
- 1 handful parsley torn
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Begin by partially cooking sweet potato in microwave.
- Wet potato and poke holes with fork. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. BE CAREFUL, it will be VERY hot and steamy when removing from microwave. Allow potato to cool slightly. Remove peel and cut into large cubes.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Toss potato cubes with 1 tbsp olive oil and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add zucchini, onions and peppers to tray. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook quinoa: Combine 2 cups water and 1 cup quinoa in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until grains puff slightly and water is absorbed.
- Prepare the sauce: combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Spoon quinoa into bowls. Drizzle some sauce on top. Top with vegetables and cubed tofu. Pour desired amount of sauce on each portion.
- Top with green onions, parsley and sesame seeds.