No matter where in the world you are right now, we can all use a little extra comfort these days. This warming, vibrant soup is easy to make, uses few ingredients and is ultra nourishing. A powerful blender helps get the texture extra velvety. Swirl in a dollop of yogurt at the end for a photogenic presentation!
Vibrant Beet Soup
- 4 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 medium beet chopped & peeled
- 3 medium yellow potatoes chopped & peeled
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 cups water OR low-sodium veg broth
- 2 cubes broth powder (if using water) preferably salt-free, vegetable or mushroom based
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- Heat oil ove medium-high in large dutch oven or pot.
- Add onions & stir. Cook until translucent.
- Add diced carrots and celery, stir.
- Cook until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped beet, potato & maple syrup. Stir.
- Add broth, or water & broth cube. Bring to a boil.
- Add dill.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 30 minutes, until beets and potatoes are tender and liquid has reduced.
- Working in batches, transfer to high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- If soup is too thick, add a little bit of extra broth to thin it out.
- Add cracked black pepper & more salt, to taste, at the end. Salt amount will depend on personal preference and level of salt in your broth.
- Serve garnished with yogurt swirl if desired.